Hello Supporters of the Lost In Living Film,
As you know I am hosting a yard sale to once again raise more funds to complete this film. At this point you must be wondering, "my God, is this woman desperate, or what?" And frankly, I am.
There are few things in life that I've felt so strongly about that I'll work my ass off to make a few hundred bucks to pay my editor or buy paper stock to send thank you letters to contributors. But those few things have struck me with such power that I know I should pursue them.
And here I am. Desperately trying to complete this complicated and immense project. Seven years of filming four very different women who kept my attention and passion in a way so few people do. That is why I know their stories will resonate with you.
Heroes we can look up to and work toward. Underdogs we root for and feel good about. Sometimes we need to see who we are. People who are both heroes and underdogs as well as mothers, artists, caretakers, parents, friends and struggling humans trying to make our way in the world. This is what Lost In Living is really all about.
So with that said, how about chipping in and contributing whatever you can for the yard sale. Or maybe you'd rather write a check or donate on-line here.
Maybe you'd like to just spread the word to everyone you know. I would love that! I am so grateful for your support, your participation and your input into this project. Everyone who contributes in any way will have their name in the closing Thank You credits of the film. All cash donations are tax deductible.
Here's the info you need to know about the yard sale:
Just a friendly reminder that our yard sale is coming up and we would love to take some stuff off your hands! We’ll even pick it up. So read below and let me know. Really appreciate this.
Mega Yard Sale on Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd!!!
I am asking everyone I know if they have anything they want to get rid of that we can sell to support Lost In Living. We’ll take clothes, furniture, books, antiques, knick knacks, pictures, jewelry, artwork, photos, kitchen ware, toys, etc. that are in gently used condition. This is a unique opportunity for you to clean out your closets, garages and drawers and support the film. And whatever doesn’t sell we will donate to Goodwill or a local charity. Get your name in the Thank You credits of the film!
How it will work:
• Email me here directly with a general list of what you’d like to donate.
• I will email you or call you to schedule a specific pick-up time sometime during the weekend before the sale.
• We will pick-up the items the weekend before the actual sale. Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27.
• Sale on Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd from 8 to 4.
• If you don’t live in the area and you want to ship items for us to sell, please send to my address: 1218 E. Palm Street, Altadena, CA 91001.
• You can also deliver your goods right to us. Please email me here and we'll figure out the best time.
• If you are not available the weekend of May 26th and 27th for pick-up and your contribution can fit in the back of a Prius, please let me know and I can arrange a pick-up that is convenient for you.
I am so grateful for your help and participation. Please feel free to pass along this email to anyone else who might be interested.
To contribute directly to the film please visit the website here or you can mail a check to my non-profit 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor “Filmmakers Alliance” at 1218 E. Palm Street, Altadena, CA 91001. All donations are tax deductible!!
To like the Facebook page, please go here.